Taurus .44 Mag

04Excursion

Hi, I have the Taurus Tracker .44 Mag, I've had it for about 7 months, put around 1700 rounds through it already, and around 1500 rounds into it the front sight flew off, I've contacted Taurus, they sent me replacement sights, but they werent pre drilled, and the pin that holds it in is too long, i tried drilling but the sight sits a little bit too high, i contacted Taurus again, thinking they sent me the wrong sight, they sent me the same one again, im done dealing with them.

So the question is, where can i get sights for this gun, i cant find them anywhere, seems like my only option is to get a rail and a red dot, which i dont want, i suppose i could just JB Weld the front sight on.....

Arckadian

Have you thought about having a gun smith taking a look at the weapon and try to help you with your problem?

WWM

With Taurus's warranty you should be able to send the gun back for repair free of charge. Just contact them and request a shipping tag and a repair number.

04Excursion

No I have'nt thought about a gun smith, i was stuck on Taurus fixing this problem, but apparently they are not capable of foing such. As for sending it to Taurus, since its my only gun I refuse to be without it for who knows how many weeks, gun smith is the next step. It is ashame theres not more after market support for Taurus revolvers.

grillzilla

No I have'nt thought about a gun smith, i was stuck on Taurus fixing this problem, but apparently they are not capable of foing such. As for sending it to Taurus, since its my only gun I refuse to be without it for who knows how many weeks, gun smith is the next step. It is ashame theres not more after market support for Taurus revolvers.

Well buy another pistol or two

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
Find yourself a good gunsmith. A customer of ours sent his revolver to Taurus. 9 months later he got it back and it still didn't shoot. He brought the gun to us, and 2 days later he was putting rounds down range.

Arckadian

I have a work buddy that had a Tarus for his CC weapon, but ended up trading it in for a Springfield XD compact :)

Txhillbilly

Full Access Member
With Taurus's warranty you should be able to send the gun back for repair free of charge. Just contact them and request a shipping tag and a repair number.

I have learned over the years that trying to get Taurus to fix something is a big waste of time.Their customer service SUCKS.

There is plenty of aftermarket support for any brand of gun,it's called your local gunsmith!

Go with S&W or ruger, colt..they will never leave you hanging.

I had just as many problems with all the other brands of firearms,and yes,the others will leave you hanging too!
It's just a sign of the times,everyone's quality has gone to hell,and all they care about are sales of their products.

A warranty is only as good as the customer service for that warranty,and most companies could care less today.

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
Quote ("I had just as many problems with all the other brands of firearms,and yes,the others will leave you hanging too!
It's just a sign of the times,everyone's quality has gone to hell,and all they care about are sales of their products.")
That is true but most of my hand guns are older models that are very well made. Buying very nice used guns can pay off these days.

Members online

No members online now.