What is your self defense load?

Radioflyer

Federal HST 147gr and 2-3/4" 00 buck for when I don't have patience

You think you're kidding but I've read stories that when the A10 Tank Killer fires it's Gatlin gun the aircraft does decelerate. So I guess in theory that if it was flying near stall speed and it fires it's gun it could lose lift.:confused:
a-10.jpg

Unlikely to happen since the gun is primarily used on ground targets which would allow the aircraft to "coast" if you will. I do however recall one "discovery wings" special where an A-10 shot down a helicopter with the gun... a bit overkill i think, but then again cheaper than a missile by long ways.

I had forgotten that the F14 Tomcat has a Gatlin gun too. A cool movie to watch is Final Countdown. Where a modern aircraft carrier goes back in time. F14's vs Zero's. I don't know how the F14's flew so slow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3XNEWtJF0o

Vulcan 20mm. Pretty much standard on All USAF fighters these days. The sweep wing design was pretty genius and in the F-14 resulted in one sexy bird.

texaschevy10

image.jpghas anyone shot these in a 45 acp or know anything about them . Hornady puts them out . I had never heard of them but they look pretty serious even though the front of the box says zombie max

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Unlikely to happen since the gun is primarily used on ground targets which would allow the aircraft to "coast" if you will.
I agree, unlikely to happen. My "stall" comment was just a theoretically possible thought. I know our A10 pilots are smart enough not to do such a thing.

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
I've head good things about the Zombie Max ammo. Can't blame them for cashing in on the zombie craze

grillzilla

3 '" chambered Judge using the winchester pdx loads (3) followed by 2 3" slugs with laser grips just to help with the aim.

blockdoc

Full Access Member
I was carrying a couple rounds of Critical Defense, followed by PDX1. But I saw the tests from the Critical Duty, which was very impressive. So I changed it. Now Critical Duty follows the Critical Defense. Then a couple hydrashoks before the last couple are PDX1. If I'm still shooting by then, either it's a target rich environment, or I'm having a serious penetration issue.

Fastfood

45acprangertseries.jpg

images.jpg

I use the Ranger +P T-Series in my 45 and 9 and Corbon DPX for the 380
Where I keep them is hush hush hahahahah

mgentry

Full Access Member
I've started using Critical Defense and Critical Duty. I've shot this ammo in my Sigs and Glocks and have not had any issues. It shoots as accurately as I can so I've been happy with it. Check it out!

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Winchester PDX1 .40 Caliber/Speer Gold Dots 124 Grain +P/ Hornaday Critical Defense .40/ Remington 223 45 grain HP

Concealed 27

Full Access Member

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts