Bought a new Smith and Wesson M&P40 Shield

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
I went out on base today and when the sale start I can get a .40 or a 9mm Shield for $315, is that a good price.

oppo

Full Access Member
Both of the above mentioned holster makers will fix you up if you contact them. Does the M&P have a magazine safety. Will it fire with mag removed?

There are different versions of the M&P with different features. Some do have the magazine disconnect "safety" and some have external safeties. I made sure mine has neither.

Last edited:

kwo51

Full Access Member
When I buy a little gun it has to come in twos. One for me and one for my wife. Looking at the shield in 9mm.

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
There are different versions of the M&P with different features. Some do have the magazine disconnect "safety" and some have external safeties. I made sure mine has neither.

They have two kind their one with and one without the safety now do I want one without the safety is it going to be a problem? The .40 that they had and I will confirm that tomorrow sometime it didn't have the safety but it was $20 dollars more which is not a problem.

I'm use to glock so no safety there you know.

oppo

Full Access Member
I prefer without any safeties. The only one I trust is the one attached to my hand and if I actually need my sidearm, the fewer movements necessary and the fewer things that can go wrong the better. If I don't need it, it is in the holster and the trigger is covered.

I view safeties primarily as a crutch for unsafe gun handling.

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
The sales start tomorrow and it will be a shame if I pass up getting a Shield for $315, I think that I need to start selling some more pop can the get the money. Lol.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Yeah I agree that why come I don't want to pass the deal up, I have a g27, g19, g30s, g29 and a XDm .45 4.5 so try to decide which one is killing me. For the g27 I have a 9mm and .357 sig lone wolf barrel for it so I'm good their.

I guess that about time for the sale to start I have to make up my mind.

Where did ya find the40/357 Sig lone wolf conversion for the G27?

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
I order it from Lone Wolf site.

It stick out a little more but it shoot good.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.