Get out and VOTE!!

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
You can't believe it? Really? He got elected in 2008 !!! Believe it !!! It can happen, and it did happen, now it's happened twice !!! I honestly could give 2 shits about Romney, don't like the guy at all, but it was the better of the worst. I'm still pist that McCain didn't get it. He earned it and deserved it. I pretty much knew, if McCain, a man of TRUE integreity and patriotism, along with SINCERE concern for people and familes couldn't take Obama's fast talking lies and sales pitch, that Romney damn sure couldn't. I was just hoping that maybe, just maybe, some would see that Obama was full of shit the last 4 years.

infidel

If you live in Colorado or Washington you could have a smoke ! Then you probably just get more paranoid.:D

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
If you live in Colorado or Washington you could have a smoke ! Then you probably just get more paranoid.:D

hahaha, wrong drug !!! And if it's legal, why get paranoid? I'm not a pot smoker, but sure glad to see it legalized and if the vote comes up in OK, I'm all in on that one. MJ should have been legal long ago. You never hear of a pot head beating his wife, or killing someone in a car accident. They at least have a tad of witts about themself when stoned and you don't hear of pot overdose or pot poisoning like you do college kids and alcohol. Just like any drug, in moderation it won't be bad. It's the abusers that give ALL drugs a bad name.

How many DEA agents can redirected from MJ to meth, coke and heroin? Put that chapter of the Mexi Cartel out of biz along with the neighborhood pot dealers who sell to the kids. Won't be a need for that since people will be able to stop at a local 7-11 to get it. Tax the hell out of it just like alcohol and tobacco for drug and alcohol treatment programs so those who do have issues can get off whatever they're doing even if it is MJ or alcohol and legal.

Bootstrap

Full Access Member
Unfortunately legalizing MJ isn't a cure all for the problems that surround the drug trade. Decriminalization is the first step, along with new programs focused on redirecting low level drug offenders from prison to probation with rehabilitation. Legalization of MJ may well increase the amount of minors with access to the drug, much like alcohol, they can get it, and if it's is legal and more readily available 1+1=2. The Drug Cartels don't just disappear either, neither do the drug dealers on your corner, they shift to other illicit substances, and then to the sale of currently legal substances to children. The violence does not stop as a result of legalization.

The greatest thing I think we can do as a country is to decriminalize small amounts of MJ and to put in place rehabilitation that has been proven to work. Not only do we then actually help our citizens to be rid of drugs, but we save millions doing so by not incarcerating them, taking a gigantic pressure off of our correction's systems shoulders. Corrections is a huge section of our federal, and each state's budgets, alleviating strain there and saving millions to put towards our deficit is only logical.

The next problem you encounter with the prison's is the mandatory minimum sentencing that has become so popular in the last couple decades. Which has also resulted in an aging prison population. And a vicious cycle where we lock men up, in overcrowded prisons for much too long. While in overcrowded prisons the environment becomes more hostile, and dangerous, but also stale and stagnant. Prisoners are idle, doing nothing, so that when they are released re-entry is setting them up for failure.

I recently read about a study that deferred indicted low level offenders to a rehabilitation (mandatory) program if they fit the criteria instead of jail. The results were quite positive, I'll reference it when I find it again.
It is in Arizona, in 2001 by deferring people to treatment/probation the state saved 6 million dollars, and again in 2004 they saved 12 million. Consequently those who went through the treatment program "were significantly less likely to be re- arrested than those sentenced to jail or probation"

Here is the citation for the article, if you can't find it let me know as I accessed it through my university and have a .pdf copy. It's a great read for anyone interested in the path America should take with the "war on drugs" (which I'll say has been nothing more than a slogan).

Cutler, L. M. (2009). Arizona's Drug Sentencing Statute: Is Rehabilitation a Better Approach to the "War on Drugs"?. New England Journal On Criminal & Civil Confinement, 35(2), 397-420.

Last edited:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I agreee. Imagine the load taken off the prison system if that was done. Especially in OK. IN OK, there is no such thing as good behavior. You get a 1 year sentence, you're serving it. And if you're NOT on good behavior, that 1 year becomes 15 months or 18 months, so your reward for good behavior is doing your sentence and getting out and if not good behavior, you're staying longer.

soonershooter

I agreee. Imagine the load taken off the prison system if that was done. Especially in OK. IN OK, there is no such thing as good behavior. You get a 1 year sentence, you're serving it. And if you're NOT on good behavior, that 1 year becomes 15 months or 18 months, so your reward for good behavior is doing your sentence and getting out and if not good behavior, you're staying longer.
I'm curious where you get this. It didn't sound right so I searched "Oklahoma Sentencing Vs Time Actually Served". I found two documents. One details a point system that the Oklahoma DOC has for inmates to work time off of their sentence. The other one was an independent report finding that Oklahoma inmates only serve about 45% of their sentence time.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I'm curious where you get this. It didn't sound right so I searched "Oklahoma Sentencing Vs Time Actually Served". I found two documents. One details a point system that the Oklahoma DOC has for inmates to work time off of their sentence. The other one was an independent report finding that Oklahoma inmates only serve about 45% of their sentence time.

You could be right as far as DOC, and long term sentences in the Pen. Of the very few situations I'm aware of where people have gotten 6 months to a year in county jail, they've served it all up to within maybe a week of their sentence. I also know, you get 30 days in jail for a DUI, you're doing 30 days, maybe 28, but you're doing your time. I'm more or less comparing to CA. When I lived there, someone got a 30 days sentence, if they were good, they were out in 10-12 days. I don't associate with to many criminals, and have never been one other than a misdemeanor hit and run and assault and battery when I beat the hell out of some punk for intentionally spitting in my car window at red light. Lucky for me, he was 18, I was 20, the judge dropped the A&B, I guess cuz he figured the punk had it coming and I got a suspended sentence w 12mo unsupervised probation and restitution for the bump in his tailgate. That was in the mid 80's in So Cal. I sure wouldn't recommend anyone do that today. Point being, I couldn't say on long term sentences so it's possible on that level I'm talking out my ass. And maybe counties vary too, but Cleveland County sure seems to stick it to you.

A girl I know wrote some bad checks, DA brought charges, set a warrant, she got picked up, bonded out, set for trial and because she didn't get an attorney, she ended up with stacked offenses since they were written on separate days, so with 7 bad checks, it worked out to a 1st, 2nd and 3rd offense and she did 6 months for that. Plus court costs, fines and restitution.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Let's Hope this part is true.

An official at the U.S. mission said Washington's objectives have not changed.

"We seek a treaty that contributes to international security by fighting illicit arms trafficking and proliferation, protects the sovereign right of states to conduct legitimate arms trade, and meets the concerns that we have been articulating throughout," the official said.

"We will not accept any treaty that infringes on the constitutional rights of our citizens to bear arms," he said.

U.S. officials have acknowledged privately that the treaty under discussion would have no effect on domestic gun sales and ownership because it would apply only to exports.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Let's Hope this part is true.

An official at the U.S. mission said Washington's objectives have not changed.

"We seek a treaty that contributes to international security by fighting illicit arms trafficking and proliferation, protects the sovereign right of states to conduct legitimate arms trade, and meets the concerns that we have been articulating throughout," the official said.

"We will not accept any treaty that infringes on the constitutional rights of our citizens to bear arms," he said.

U.S. officials have acknowledged privately that the treaty under discussion would have no effect on domestic gun sales and ownership because it would apply only to exports.
Wanna buy a bridge? I've got one for sale.

If this gets implemented I'll guarantee there will be wording in it that will allow them to do what we don't want them to. It may not be immediate but it'll be there. Just like with Obamacare, we'll have to pass it to see what's in it. I don't want our Government or the UN to have anymore power. But now that's a pipe dream.

cce1302

Full Access Member
"fighting illicit arms trafficking and proliferation,"

Why do you think they used Fast & Furious to pin gun smuggling on legit US gun dealers?

Because if they shut down all the FFLs, then they will have fought "illicit arms trafficking and proliferation."

This was their plan all along.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Wanna buy a bridge? I've got one for sale.

If this gets implemented I'll guarantee there will be wording in it that will allow them to do what we don't want them to. It may not be immediate but it'll be there. Just like with Obamacare, we'll have to pass it to see what's in it. I don't want our Government or the UN to have anymore power. But now that's a pipe dream.

C'mon dammit !!! Don't rain on my parade !!! Did you not listen to Obama's speech last night. It's all about HOPE !!! Hope that meth head bitch on welfare can get her next tattoo, Hope there is a raise in Food Stamp Allotment, Hope the middle class can get a good paying job so they can support those with NO CLASS. Hope, I get to keep my guns !!! Don't be so negative brah !!! We're going FORWARD with or without you. :favorites37:

:rofl:rofl:rofl:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
C'mon dammit !!! Don't rain on my parade !!! Did you not listen to Obama's speech last night. It's all about HOPE !!! Hope that meth head bitch on welfare can get her next tattoo, Hope there is a raise in Food Stamp Allotment, Hope the middle class can get a good paying job so they can support those with NO CLASS. Hope, I get to keep my guns !!! Don't be so negative brah !!! We're going FORWARD with or without you. :favorites37:

:rofl:rofl:rofl:

Sorry, I'm stuck in a Neanderthal world. If you don't go out and get your own dinner, then you don't eat. So y'all go on without me. And I don't listen to Obama. They're all lies. He was caught lying in the debates. He was caught lying about Benghazi. Hell...every time his lips move he's lying. And we'll see about the Obama phones and free money. Now that he doesn't need those people anymore I don't know if he'll be so giving. Have to wait and see on that one but I have my suspicions. Unless he maintains/grows the voter base for the next pres to be Democrat. That's a possibility.

I'm seeing all kinds of notices from employers doing immediate downsizing or liquidating of their business to cope with or avoid Obama care. Read an article that it will affect everyone's taxes a dozen different ways no matter how much you make. My taxes will be going up by $2500 just due to the tax breaks expiring at the end of the year.

http://www.heritage.org/research/projects/taxmageddon-interactive-map

http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2...are-for-people-earning-under-200000-per-year/

ViperJeff

Administrator
Tuesday will be interesting at work, as there is a gay person in my office that voted for Obama because he was a friend to the Lesbian and Gay movement and couldn't vote for Romney because.....simply... He's a Mormon!

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Tuesday will be interesting at work, as there is a gay person in my office that voted for Obama because he was a friend to the Lesbian and Gay movement and couldn't vote for Romney because.....simply... He's a Mormon!

Print the article off and slap it on his desk. Try not to laugh.

I can't believe all these people fell for his lies. And he continues to lie. Coverup after coverup.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.