looking for a good camping/survival knife

Dr_Pain

Full Access Member
Check out the Gerber LMF 2

GB2201400.jpg

Also available in black.

Sweet looking knive.... the name Gerber though does not sound very manly. Reminds me of the Gerber baby :disgust:

MrFister1975

Buy either an ESEE or a KaBar BK series, best camping knives made. Well except for TOPS Knives, but not sure if you want to spend that much money.

Mr. Fister ~ Fûß

kwo51

Full Access Member
Kabar is USMC sheath knife E-tool is standard folding shovel with sharpened
spade and Tomahawk is sog rescue tool. These are just the tools I keep in my truck for SHtF ,will also be an assortment of firearms if the time allows. Someday I will do pictures .

kwo51

Full Access Member
My shovel has the old wood handle. Those are close enough and the Kabar is the original USMC issue . The point I was making is these are to me necessary survival tools. A good framing ax would do also.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Looks great .Will it fit under the seat?

Depends on how big your seat is. I think it measures about 19 inches. They make another one called the "Truckers Friend". It's slightly different from the Firefighters Tool but still about the same size.

kwo51

Full Access Member
So it works as a thumper also. I got pretty good a throwing them. Now I will not give up my tool.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Look what the nice UPS guy brought me. My new camp knife.
The Condor Tool & Knife Outback Machete.
2014-01-22%2022.57.15.jpg

Outback.jpg

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I'm not big on the Bear Grylls survivor thing but he and Gerber have put together a pretty nice system. You get the fixed blade knife. A fire starter and a blade sharpener all in one place.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Gerber-31-001901-Grylls-Ultimate-Survival/dp/B00AU6H3UY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1390865131&sr=8-3&keywords=bear+grylls+knife]Gerber 31-001901 Bear Grylls Ultimate Pro Fixed Blade, Survival Knife with Sheath - Amazon.com[/ame]

Now if only it didn't have BG and all that orange (look at me) stuff all over it.

The Morakniv is also a nice looking blade.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Morakniv-Bushcraft-Carbon-Survival-Starter/dp/B00BFI8TOA/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1390865402&sr=8-16&keywords=knife+fire+starter[/ame]

Last edited:

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
My go-to outdoors knife is a mini Ka-bar. Big enough for getting shit done without being too large for smaller work.

For camping I also pack my Cold Steel Kukri. Does everything a small hatchet can do, but also useful like a small machete.

And my Leatherman goes everywhere I go.

Members online

No members online now.