When was the last time you used a Bow?

Arckadian

well if I am not mistaken, no matter what x-bow you use it will still take longer to reload it than just grabing an arrow out of the quiver and setting up to aim and fire.... correct?

gunbunny76

Arrow Targets

The main issue with arrows is they penetrate a target all to well. We always used a piece of 19/32 plywood with the target painted or fastened on with a couple of hay bales behind it.

TacticalAdvantage

Full Access Member
Just a side note, I am also Certified by the "Archery in the Schools Program" as a Basic Archery Instructor. So from time to time, I will be putting Archery Tips on this thread

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
Used to shoot competition 3-D. Loved it, and was pretty good...

Haven't picked up my bow in about 7 years.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Still haven't fired mine. Just too much other stuff going on. One of these days I'll get to it.
Buckmaster.png

It's an older bow but still lethal in the right hands. I think it's a beautiful bow. It's all camo except the laminated wood grip. Mine is just like the one pictured. But mine came with a sight, arrow rest etc. It's ready to go to work. Once the owner becomes proficient.

Last edited:

TacticalAdvantage

Full Access Member
I have a Martin Jaguar Take Down Recurve for Hunting and longer range, I also have a Matthews Genesis Compound, this one if for my Archery Classes

Attachments

• GenesisPro_Camo-249x575.jpg
    GenesisPro_Camo-249x575.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 5

renovak

I was about 14 using a fiberglass bow. I sucked at first but got pretty good by the time I was done. The bow got lost in a move and I would love to get back into it.

ninja man

Full Access Member
i was shooting with my nephews a few months ago. i dont know what kind the had. bout 10 years ago i had a bear compound bow. i loved that thing

AlienxTx

I was thinking about stacking baled straw two high/two deep. If it's baled tightly enough, it should stop the arrows and not damage them. I may put some plywood behind that as a fail safe.

Save yourself time and arrows and just go pick up a cheap bow tartget. You can get a bag style for field tips for under $50, and can even find one from Rindheart that you can shoot both field tips and brad heads at for under $100. I picked a new one up this year for around $80 and it stops my 340 fps just fine. The draw back to shooting into a haybale is you risk getting the fletchings ripped off the arrows and losing bradheads in it too.

Crzyrobb

I am an instructor just like tacticalAdvantage. I have been shooting a bow for about 20 years. In the last 15 years I have only used a gun for hunting a handful of times. If you are going to get back into the sport of archery (I didn't say hunting) I recommend you stopping by your local archery shop and ask a lot of questions. They might even have some bows for you to shoot. With the market today bows can be very expensive. I shoot a Hoyt carbon matrix and just the bow with nothing on it cost over $1,000. Your local archery shop will be able to set you up with a bow that is right for you and in your budget. A bow that is set up for you equals a lot of fun and a heck of a lot less headaches. I have also for the last 6 years shot a crossbow and started a class for our wounded warriors that could not draw a bow (archery only hunting in north Virginia).

GreatWhiteHunter

Haven't shot my bow in over two years:bawl:. Just no time lately, I might have to get it out next month and try get a doe with it. It has been needing to be replaced for a while and that is another reason for not really using it lately.

Members online

No members online now.