When was the last time you used a Bow?

13echo4

Thursday morning. I took a nice doe. I have a Jennings Buckmaster also. I love the bow. If the prior owner hasn't already you want to loosen the allen screw mounting the swing cable guard and remove it. Mix up some JB weld and put a heavy amount inside the mating surface of the cable guard. Then reistall the cableguard and tighten the allen screw. The mounting bracket had a bad habit of turning a little bit and the arrows fletching would brush the cables. Other guys just pulled the cable guard off and installed generic straight ones. The swinging cable guard was one of the reasons I bought the Buckmaster so I came up with my own fix. I've hunted w/ this bow for 16 years now and it hasn't move since.
As far as targets go you DO NOT want to use plywood unless you plan on spending a lot of money on arrows. You can buy an archey target for about $30. You want to have very good arrows and take care of them as much a you can. Proper arrow selection is key to good accuracy, speed and kinetic energy. Selecting an arrow is more than choosing a brand or material. Size and length plays bigs roles in arrow selection and performance. The same shaft to short is to stiff and same shaft to long is to weak.
I shoot 50 arrows thru my bow daily when we're not in harvest.

JuggNuttz

yeah not since high school for me. i had a browning composite, wasnt anything special. i was pretty decent, i was usually able to atleast hit the target 95% of the time. using those dinky bows in gym class at about 15 yards, one kid started calling me Robin Hood, cuz while most of them were completly missing the targets, i was aiming as i drew and fired em off pretty quick, hit the target every time. i was like, its not that hard.... its not like im taking a 30yd shot and a walking buck..... im 15 yards from a stationary big ass target!

if i were to shoot one today, id probably kill a bystander my aim would be so far off hehe

ninja man

Full Access Member
Size and length plays bigs roles in selection and performance. The same shaft to short is to stiff and same shaft to long is to weak.

i know you are being serious, but i feel its my duty to point this out, just cause im a smartass. haha

Rliquidice

Last weekend and plan to shoot the AlphaMax 32 today while I'm off work. My daughter and I both recently started shooting bows. Great fun and much more quiet in backyard if you have nervous neighbors than gun fire. lol

Members online

No members online now.